Friday, March 15, 2013

Hyperthyroidism in Cats: Past and Upcoming Topics


As you know, if you have been following this blog, I've spent much of the last few months writing about the diagnosis and treatment of hyperthyroidism, the most common endocrine disorder of the cat.

For my next series of posts, I'm getting back to this series to discuss the next treatment option — namely,  radioactive iodine (radioiodine; I-131), which is considered by most to be the treatment of choice for most cats suffering with hyperthyroidism. I do plan to do a series of posts on a number of issues concerning radioiodine over the next few weeks.

But before I move on to the topics of treatment of this common feline condition, I thought I'd post links to the hyperthyroid topics I've covered thus far:
My next post on feline hyperthyroidism (entitled, Treating Hyperthyroid Cats with Radioiodine: The Pros and Cons) will go up within the next week; then I'll continue with I-131 treatment issues, with a post once a week.

No comments: